Lighthouse Imaging’s Windham, Maine location is just minutes from the city center of Portland. Greater Portland, Maine professionals indulge in a lifestyle rich in a culture influenced by great food, friendly people, active lifestyles and promising opportunities. The region has attracted nationwide attention and high-regard over recent years. Portland and the Greater Portland area ranked atop many Best of City lists. The coastal city and surrounding towns provide a unique and balanced lifestyle to those who live, work and play in the Southern Maine region. Take a look at what others are saying about living and working around Portland.
- Portland, Maine, was voted one of the 15 best small cities in the U.S. in the Conde Nast Traveler 2018 Reader’s Choice Awards
- Portland ranked among the best cities to find a job in 2019 by CNBC
- Sterling’s Best Places names Portland one of the greenest cities
The area offers an especially appealing lifestyle to the young professional looking to begin a career and raise a family.
- Portland area is ranked 'best city' for working women by business.org
- Portland is No. 6 on the list of best cities for young professionals by Forbes
- Sterling’s Best Places ranked Portland as No. 5 on the list of most secure US metro areas
- U.S. News and World Report ranked Portland as No. 27 on the list of best places to live
- Another recognition for “One of the best US towns to live in” comes fromThe Guardian
The Portland dining scene is consistently judged as one of the best in the nation for everything from casual pub food to delightful local seafood. The craft beer and cocktail scene holds its own among the best in the nation too.
In addition to the city life, the Portland area is surrounded by attractions for year round outdoor activities in its nature preserves, landmarks, lakes and rivers, coastal towns and woodlands. The surrounding rural areas offer a playground for any adventurer and promote a rounded, healthy lifestyle.
- Portland and its nearby coastal towns are adjoined by the sprawling sandy and rocky beaches
- The Casco Bay islands are accessible for a quick day trip away from the city
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, sailing, etc. are popular year-round
- The Portland Head Light, the most photographed lighthouse in the US, and other scenic lighthouses is just 1 of many Lighthouses to visit on the coast of Maine
- For those who enjoy what a larger city has to offer, it’s only a 2 hour drive from Boston, New England’s largest city
The small town feel in a picturesque coastal city complete with an endless list of activities and opportunities, Portland and its surrounding towns are one of the most desired places to call home. We’re proud to be located in the pristine, greater Portland area.